A bronze statue will last forever,that is why it is crucial to choose a excellent and professional artist to create an original bronze statue that will convey the spirit of the memorial. As we all know that “Art originates from life” For artist,it is even a belief.From abstract conception to vivid sculpture. Such custom statue are usually used for recalling family or friends, commercial display, public memorial, and historical monument…What is more, these artworks or a wall plaque tells us a story! Remind you of a great moment, give you a deep relief or just make you smile, as you remember a person or that special event. A bronze statue will last forever.So,finding the right artist to create your sculpture only belongs to you is crucial. Our artist specializes in customizing sculptures for clients in the past 6 years, mainly include family,president,hero,elite,classical reproductions etc.He will help you to reflect what you are looking for and guide what you should do. Thus,finish the sculpture you desire.
Design Communication: You supply us with several photographs with dimensions.
Project Consultation: Our team will make a production plan, according to your design, budget, delivery time, or any other service. Our final aim is to supply high quality and cost-saving sculpture efficiently.
4. Confirm Clay Mold: As the mold is being made, we are in constant contact with you showing the progress. Changes and alterations are made to the mold. The mold will only be casted after your approval.
5. Rubber Mold: After an artist’s original piece has been sculpted, a silicone rubber mold must be made.Layers of liquid rubber are applied to the original sculpture to capture the fine detail. After the rubber has set, a thick plaster mixture is applied and given time to harden to create a rigid “mother mold” to help preserve the firm shape. Depending on the size of the piece, a mold can be made in several pieces to allow for a more excellent wax pour and ease of assembly.
6. Wax Mold Making and Chasing: Now, using the rubber mold made from the original piece, molten sculpting wax is poured into the hollow interior of the mold. The wax is allowed to cool before it is carefully pulled out of the mold. Now we have a highly detailed positive wax copy of the original sculpture! There are two steps for chasing the wax. First step:our wax maker will check the wax carefully and repair the flaws and mistakes. Second step: When workers melt the wax out shell, wax rods will be attached, thus it will become the pipes to allow the bronze water to come in and air to be out.
7. Ceramic Shell: The sprued wax copy & cup are then dipped in several layers of a liquid “slurry” mixture and sand to encase the wax, which then dries and hardens. This ensures that the wax pattern & sprues are fortified by an outer ceramic shell that becomes the final mold after the shell is fired and the wax has melted out.
8.Burn-Out and Pouring the Bronze: The ceramic shell is placed in a kiln and fired. The shell bakes and the wax is melted (lost) from the shell. This creates a hollow ceramic shell mold. Thus the term “Lost Wax”.The shells are now ready for casting! The ceramic shell (mold) is removed from the kiln and immediately the moltenbronze is poured into the shell. At the time of pouring, the bronze is 2100 degrees Fahrenheit.
9. Welded &Polished: After the bronze is removed from the ceramic shells,they will be cleaned. Then skillful workers will check carefully the pieces, weld them together and polish them. During that process, they will use very small hand tools to reach where big machine hard to arrive, thus can make sure every part for oursculptures are perfect and the same with original mould.
10. Patina: Finally, the casting bronze sculpture is heated and chemicals are sprayed on the surface to create the “patina”, a colored finish. Several layers of wax are applied while the sculpture is warm to create a sheen on the surface and provide protection from the elements.Each casting, even those in an edition, is a one of a kind, handcrafted work of art, created by highly trained artists and craftsmen. This, combined with the many hours of work involved in creating a sculpture, is why bronze sculpture can be expensive. Please keep in mind that each sculpture is unique, and as such, so is it’s price.
11. Package and Delivered!